Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Week #2

So just about every other year (because every year would be crazy) we go see the lights at Temple Square in Salt Lake City. It usually happens when Michelle is here for Christmas because they are crazy enough to want to brave the cold and we think well heck, we didn't go last year, we might as well. As you can see from the picture, Jayden is wrapped in my coat (good thing I brought me two of them) because his really smart Mom forgot to bring his coat.

But this year to make it more fun, we rode the Frontrunner into Salt Lake to see the lights. It actually worked out pretty slick. We caught the Frontrunner close to home, and rode it to Salt Lake where we switched to Trax and took that straight to Temple Square. This is Melissa, Jenna and Rebecca (Michelle's oldest). You can't tell from the picture, but they were sitting in the spot with an emergency window where if you pull down on the red bar at the top... well, I don't know what it does, but I was sure that we were going to find out because everytime I looked over there, Jenna had her hands on it kind of hanging on, watching out the window.



Here's Spencer and Jayden. Spencer was excited, Jayden was nervous, but eventually he got down and was true to form. He would go and say Hi to everyone on the train (even people he didn't know) and liked trying to stay standing while the train would slow to a stop and then go again.



So now, we're good for two years. And in those two years, Jenna will realize not to try grabbing the bar to the emergency window and Jayden will remember his own coat. Then I will have a little less stressful ride.

6 comments:

BlaineUSA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BlaineUSA said...

Hey. You just posted a comment on Heather's blog like at the same exact time I did. Funny.

It was good hangin out w/ you guys at Christmas! Lookin' forward to the next party.

Judy said...

How fun! I really wanted to take Trax up to SL this year with Sam, I think he'd love it. But, we didn't. I don't think we've been up to the lights since we got married.

Joanna said...

I wanted to go to Temple Square because I think Lauren would LOVE the lights - but Adam didn't want to brave the cold, so instead we just drove around Temple Square twice in our own car and then came home. Maybe next year!

Lhone said...

I'm good if we go in about 4 years, then my kids would be bearable. Funny how those fond memories aren't that fun when you are doing them. They're just good to look back on, and look at the cute pictures.

Dean and Cindy Hatch said...

Well, I loved it! Riding the train was one of the highlights of Christmas. What cute grandkids we have. Mom