Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Week #1

I just plugged in my camera to download what pictures I have taken this past week, and there were 76! I thought that I downloaded more often than that, but I guess not this week! So, rather than unload all of what we did this past week, I think I'll do it a day at a time...

Saturday night, Michelle came to town, only she stayed at my Mom's, so we didn't see her until Sunday when I invited everyone over for dinner. David and his family didn't come because of the weather, but EVERYONE else was here.

When planning for this event, we decided that the two times everyone would be together for dinner would be this Sunday and then Christmas. Our two traditions for Christmas has been Ham one night and Enchiladas another night. So, we decided that we would do Enchiladas on Sunday. We had enchiladas, beef and chicken, 7 layer bean dip, a salad, some corn, and of course, lots of stuff to snack on before we even ate.

I didn't take any pictures, (Shame on me), but there were 26 of us. Had Dave and family been here that would have been 32! I guess that's what happens when there are 5 kids in a family. I couldn't imagine some of the other families I hear about that have like 9 kids in their family and their all married with kids of their own!

We had a good time, the food was good, oh, and I forgot the best part! Dessert we had the ice-cream cookie stuff! Plus some pie and cookies - but mostly excited about the ice-cream cookie stuff!

So there you have it, the first in our festivities Christmas week!

1 comment:

Lhone said...

I don't know why we don't make that ice cream cookie stuff more often. I love it... We need a better name for it.