Friday, December 12, 2008

Your wish is my command!

So I have had some "polite reminders" from people about wanting to see the "after picture" of Melissa's desk in the basement. It isn't really hers, but she has certainly assumed the responsibility of it being hers. I went downstairs and took a picture of it in it's current state. Four bags of trash later, it was all cleaned out.
As you can see from the picture though, there were some things she couldn't stand to throw out. For example a diarama she did once on Cheetah's. Only the cheetah's aren't there any more, it has been taken over by some Panda bears that she made from another art project at school.Here is a picture that she painted on a piece of wood that Steve was tossing... Oh, and you can also see the owl there that she made by covering two tennis balls with a scrap piece of scrapbook paper I was going to throw out.This is a picture that she made for Thanksgiving and entered in a contest at school. She didn't win, but I thought it was well done...And here is her sewing box and stuff out because she has been working on "Lilly's Fashions"...
Lilly is Melissa's Webkin Beagle. Melissa has been making clothes for her. She took an empty food storage box and made it into a little Fashion store. She makes other clothes and will sell them to Spencer and Jenna for fake money.
This is the sign on the front of the store. The letter on the left of the door reads," Dear Lilly's Fashion: We are delighted to tell you that your store is the best. Love The City"

Here are some of her "fashions". This is the Sherlock homes meets Doris Day look. The hat is my favorite. You can't tell, but she actually took a piece of cardstock and sewed the fabric around the brim of the hat like an actual hat does. I did my best to dress the dog up and I didn't dare take the santa boots off because I don't think she would forgive me if I ruined them. The dog was already in the Santa outfit (you can see below) and I couldn't figure out how to get the stuff off, so I put the pink on over it.



Pretty clever huh?

4 comments:

Heather - said...

That's pretty impressive! Everything is great, and I love the sign on the door!

Lhone said...

Wow...That girl is creative. You need to get her a career of some kind going. She's amazing.

Melissa Walton said...

Here's the story. I didn't use to like chocolate that much. You couldn't pay me to eat chocolate ice-cream, but I liked m&ms and some chocolate. Just not fudge or heavy chocolate stuff. I also didn't use to like ice-cream that much. But since I've been married to Dave, he has corrupted me. Ice-cream is ok, but I like it a lot better than I used to. And I like chocolate a lot more than I used. I'm not crazy about it, but I do like it. I would always pick an apple crisp over chocolate dessert. And I would definitely pick the orange buttercream over the chocolate centers. Those are too much for me. Wish we could dip together! That would be so fun. The possibilities are endless.

Judy said...

The owl is my favorite.