Friday, December 5, 2008

The Dance Recital!

So, last night was the DANCE RECITAL! I look forward to it every year, twice a year - at Christmas and in the Spring. I love to watch the dancing and this year didn't disappoint. Well, maybe a little, but I can't help it so whatever...
Jenna danced to Lollipop and Deck the Halls, they had some cute little lollipops that they held. Jenna actually licked hers once (when they were supposed to only pretend), but Shh.. (Don't tell anyone).

I don't know who put sugar in Jenna's mac n' cheese, but she was sure on one. I think she was just excited to be there! She came running on the stage the second time and just bounced the entire song. She wasn't really doing all the right stuff, but she sure looked like she was having fun!

Melissa's group danced to "Last Christmas" and "Whine up" I LOVED the second one. The first one Melissa kind of "played it safe" because when the song started the safety pin holding her costume on in the back, popped open. She said that she could feel the end poking her neck and she was really nervous about having a "wardrobe malfunction". The second one really showed Melissa's personality and skill. She is a very technical dancer and you can see in her turns she is perfectly "on center" she does a GREAT JOB. She really likes it too, so it is a double bonus.




It was a fun night for all. Jayden even cooperated and let us stay in our seats the whole time!

5 comments:

Dean and Cindy Hatch said...

I loved the videos. Thanks for sharing since I couldn't make it! Melissa and Jenna, you did GREAT!!!
Love, Grandma Hatch

Heather - said...

Jenna is so cute!! And, Melissa, wow, I am TOTALLY impressed. You did awesome!

Michelle said...

Nice dance. Jenna your dance was awesome and Melissa nice costume. When I saw your dance I was amazed about your dances. Good job you two.

Love,
Rebecca

Judy said...

I'm glad you posted video not just pics... it was so fun to see the dances!

Megan B said...

They are so cute! Where do they take dance???