Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas Week #3

On Christmas Eve we celebrated Christmas with Steve's side of the family. The kids all got their traditional clothes from Grandma and Grandpa. Jayden hadn't had a nap all day, so this was all I could get out of him.



Jenna wanted to make sure I got a picture of the ENTIRE outfit.


Here is half of Spencer's outfit. He also got some black basketball pants to go with the black shirt.



Here is Melissa with one of the shirts she got. The other shirt was brown with pink.



THEN, came the other tradition with Steve's side of the family. We had a special visitor...



Santa! Jenna was first to hop on Santa's lap!

Jayden wasn't so sure that he wanted to sit on Santa's lap, but he sure wanted the candy cane, so we had him hop up with Jenna. After a quick picture that was it, he was down and biting into the candy cane, wrapper and all!

Spencer had to show that he still wasn't too old to sit on Santa's lap.Melissa of course was very cooperative...

For eats, we had "brinner" (breakfast for dinner). Pancakes, eggs, egg burritos, sausage, bacon, cinnamon rolls, caramel popcorn, cake, and hash browns. Of course I know some of those aren't exactly breakfast things, but they are yummy so oh well...

5 comments:

Lhone said...

cute clothes for the kids! The food sounded good, and who says cake isn't a breakfast food!

Judy said...

Funny that's all you got out of Jayden... I took out my camera and he yelled "cheese!" and did quite a few poses for me... I emailed you some of them.

Heather - said...

That looks like fun...and the food sounded great. I do think cake is a breakfast food...at least as much as donuts or cinnamon rolls are. I'd throw apple pie in that category, too.

Brett said...

The only one that I would question is caramel popcorn. Bill Cosby said it best in his sketch about feeding the kids chocolate cake. It's got flour, eggs, milk... what is not breakfast about that?

Elisa said...

That Santa is my favorite memory of growing up next door to Steve. My very favorite!

He is the BEST Santa around!