Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Spencer's work of art

I have Spencer and Melissa alternating each day loading and unloading the dishes. Spencer can't quite reach up to the tall shelves in the cupboards, so I have him just set the dishes he can't reach on the counter and I put them away. The funny thing is everytime I go to put the rest of the dishes away, I have a 'work of art' waiting for me... Notice the nice lines of symmatry? Funny kid, everything is a puzzle to him.

Oh, and a couple of other things that I didn't mention about Jayden in my post about him. First of all, he is a lefty. Our pediatrician mentioned that even though he prefers his left we should try and teach him to eat with his right (so that he isn't bumping elbows with others at the table when he gets older). Which seems mean to me, have you tried to eat with your left hand lately? It's tough. Anyway, at dinner, Steve will tell Jayden to put his fork in his right hand, which he does, and then uses his left hand to help his right hand poke the food.

Judy made a comment that I forgot to mention the "Timmy" thing. It's actually kind of mean, but have you ever watched SouthPark? There is this handicapped kid named Timmy, that will always say "Timmy!" in this kind of raspy voice. Well, when someone does something around the house that is not the smartest, like spill or bump into a wall, we will call them a "Timmy!" (raspy voice and all) and Jayden has kind of picked up on it. It's funny... He's also picked up on my overusage of the c-word. Which at times is funny (even though it's not). There's nothing like your kids reminding you of all your faults!

2 comments:

Lhone said...

yeah...my kids say c--- all the time too. dang it.

Judy said...

I'm glad you put that in about Jayden's Timmy... it had to be represented!