Thursday, January 15, 2009

Jayden

Now, last but certainly not least we come to Jayden. Jayden is the kind of kid that I have feared my entire life. The overly active, get into everything, full of energy kind. But I have certainly loved every minute of it. I don't know if it's because he's last in line and I'm kind of taking the time to enjoy the last baby rather than dread having to do it again for the next baby, or if he is just fun. He really is a happy kid. I don't think he has ever woken up grumpy. From the minute he wakes up, he is just thrilled with being awake. And usually (he's had his moments) he is fine with going to bed because I think he has worn himself out playing all day.
He's kind of got a little of the same thing that Spencer had. In that he will throw up if he's had too much to eat, but it usually never gets to that point because I have a hard time keeping at the table for very long. Usually he just wants to get down and play.


And boy does he ever get into things. At least for the last year, this year I've noticed he doesn't do that so much. But in the past, he was constantly in the cupboard. And even before he could actually reach the door knob, he could open it. He would just get something to stand on and open the door. The other day when I got out of the shower, I called out for Jayden to know where he is and he yelled, "Right here!" from the FRONT PORCH! It was a good thing someone had dropped a few fishy crackers on the front porch because that made him stop to eat them. If they weren't there, who knows where I would find him.

He is the first kid to really be Daddy's little buddy. He loves to watch Steve do whatever project he is working on. Steve put a chair in his workshop just for Jayden. And Jayden will just sit on the chair and watch Steve for a while. He likes to point and ask Dad "What you doing Daddy?" Occassionally Steve will give him something to hold and then hand to him as he needs it and Jayden thinks that is the best thing ever! Whenever Daddy gets home from work, Jayden will come running for the door. And then in the morning when he is getting in his car to leave for work, Jayden will watch out the garage door until he's gone waving and saying good bye the whole time.
And no, I wasn't embellishing on the sentence above that Jayden put together. He is quite a little talker. He will string about 6 or 7 words together for a sentence. And he seems to talk correctly as well. Except for when he wants you to pick him up, he will say, "Hold you?" And boy is he a singer! I think that's why he speaks so well, is he loves to sing and has quite a few songs memorized. The funniest is when he will sing some part of a random song that he heard on the radio. His latest is "Don't you want me baby, don't you want me 0-o-o-o!" And for some reason when he gets the ketchup out, he sings, "Shake, Shake, shake, shake a shake it!"




His biggest downfall, is candy. He LOVES it! And he is constantly asking for it. Spencer tried to be sneaky and whenever he wanted a treat, he would say, "Can I have a T-R-E-A-T?" And now, Jayden will say, "Can I have T-A-T?" Can't put one past him! Funny story about him the other day at dinner, Melissa started singing and Jayden said, "Please stop." The surprising thing was, she stopped. If anyone else had said it, she would have kept going until I told her to stop.
He's a lot of energy this one. And even though we are tired quite often, it has been a lot of fun!

3 comments:

Lhone said...

I'm impressed that he talks and COUNTS so well. Yikes. he'll be a smarty pants too. I love his little smile...especially the devious one :)

Heather said...

That takes stamina to blog so much about each of your kids, but I've really enjoyed it. Jayden, like all your kids, is a cutie! You have to have at least one devious one, right?

Judy said...

I didn't know Jayden did the throw up thing too.

He's a cutie! You didn't even mention "Timmy"