Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Blogging Break

So, I have kind of been out of the blogging picture this last little bit, and why you ask? My next door neighbor and I ran the St. George 1/2 marathon this weekend. One thing that I learned this weekend, is all kinds of people run. And lots of them too. And why you ask (again)? I have no idea, I think somehow we are all insane.

So, what kind of people run? Any and all, be they thin or not. There was this one guy that passed us twice, which I don't ever remember passing, that was kind of chubby with this curly fro and funny run and I remember thinking, (because I am conceited) that I should totally be able to beat that guy. Then when we got to the finish line, Steve says, "I almost took a picture of this guy {then describes the guy that I just mentioned} just to show you that that guy beat you!" Not being mean or anything, but just to show, you never know what someone is capable of.

There was one leg of the race where the course overlaps, so you are passing all the people faster than you, and I couldn't help but laugh at the way some people run. Remember that episode of friends where Rachel is embarrassed to run with Phoebe? Well, there were some definate 'Phoebe's' out there, but then again maybe I shouldn't talk, because I don't run so 'cute' either (seriously, pick up your feet there Andrea!)... Steve and our neighbor's husband took the kids to meet up with us at the finish line. And boy did we have quite a cheering section! I don't know who was more excited to see us, the kids, or the dad's, but it was sure fun for us and gave us that little boost we needed for the finish line.
This is us at the finish line! Half done, now on to the Marathon! (or maybe not, ask me when my hips stop hurting!)

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Congratulations! I am impressed. I loved your comment about picking up your feet! You should be proud you finished.

Heather - said...

I am beyond impressed! Good for you, you're AMAZING!!

Lhone said...

You are the woman!! I can't believe you can run like that. You're my inspiration.

Lhone said...

And...you looked cute doing it. I'm not talking about the feet, but you don't look all red in the face, and like you're dying and ready to puke. impressive.

Sher said...

Yeah you! I know it's very entertaining to see how other people run. I can't believe how many Pheobe's I've seen. I have a hard time picking up my feet too.
I didn't know you were doing the marathon. Are you doing Ogden?
I'm tossing around the idea, but want to have someone to train with.
I'll do it if you do it and train with me!