Tuesday, January 20, 2009

St. George

Since we were running the St. George half marathon, our next-door neighbors invited us to stay at the home down there and hang out for the weekend. With 14 people hanging out in one house, we were guaranteed some fun! Here we are getting breakfast going Sunday morning! And yes, Steve is the one cooking the bacon (and doing a great job at it I might add, maybe he should be in charge of that more often :)) Jayden enjoyed Guitar Hero and the trampoline the most!
In fact, he was always asking for 'D-O games and jump!'

There was plenty of room for the kids to all spread out, but for some reason, they all slept in one room all together. Jenna's first sleep-over! I think they just didn't want the party to end, so they just stayed all together.


Melissa and Erin took a spin on the Pocket Rockets. Those things scare the crap out of me, but they sure had fun!


Here's Jenna, Valerie and Grace pretending to Hula-hoop with pool floaties. I don't think I heard anyone once complain about being bored. When we first pulled up to their house, the kids all got out and hugged their friends and were all excited to be together. You would think that we never see them, not live next door.


Spencer's favorite was the BB gun.


Steve gave it a whirl and then said afterwards that the sites were a little off...
Yeah whatever, cause on my second shot, I hit the bulls-eye. And that was only because Steve said that the site was off a little to the right, so I adjusted a bit for my first shot and missed. And yes, that was right after we got back from the run on Saturday.


It was nice to get away from the cold and snow and go somewhere warm. Thanks to the neighbors for a fun weekend! And when we got home, the first thing the kids wanted to do was play some more with the neighbors. I'm glad to know they aren't sick of each other!

3 comments:

Heather - said...

That's so nice to be able to go somehwere WARM. Are you totally freezing now that you're home?

Lhone said...

so nice that you have friends like that. And cool that your kids like each other so much.

Joanna said...

I'm impressed on the half marathon! way to go. I have no desire to do something like that - you're awesome.