Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Jenna

When Jenna was born (a month early) she cried like mad and then just stopped. Apparently she was having a hard time getting oxygen, so she spent the first little part of her life in the NICU. There after, she slept, for two months she slept. I had to set my alarm for every three hours around the clock so that I would make sure and wake her up to eat. Otherwise, she would just sleep. Then about two months after she was born, she just woke up.She was always content to just lay on her blanket and do whatever. She didn't cry much and was just happy. And for as skinny as she is now, she was a chubby baby. She had these thighs that just had so many rolls, you wouldn't have thought that she was capable of such chubs. But then one day she started growing and just hasn't stopped. She is certainly tall compared to what Melissa ever was. She is currently wearing clothes Melissa wore in first grade.

So what does Jenna like? She has always been fond of 'little' things. She loves miniatures of all kinds. She's always got some container full of little animals. She also thinks that little tea sets are cool and she thinks of Polly Pockets as mini Barbies. However, one year for Christmas, she asked for a 'real' horse and so we got her this stuffed horse that is as big as her. Which is the biggest thing shes ever liked, other than that the smaller the better. She is very content with just playing by herself. She has always been very easy to entertain. When she feels like she needs a little Mommy time (which isn't all that often) she'll let me know and I'm happy to oblige, but other than that she just takes care of herself. My oldest two will say, "Mom I'm hungry, and need something to eat..." Not Jenna, she'll usually go find something she wants and then just 'inform' me that she is going to eat it (regardless of what I say sometimes).
Mostly I think she just wants to be big like her brother and sister. She is the one that I worry most about. I think that she will be the one that I never know what is going on. She doesn't seem to like to tell me all the goings on like her brother and sister do. Usually I have to drag any kind of info about what went on at church or preschool out of her.
Her favorite meal of the day is lunch. She mostly hates breakfast foods and asks just to skip it and go right to lunch. She likes crepes and that is about it. Occassionally she will eat some cereal, but not much else. Except bacon and sausage she'll eat those and lots of them.
She's also a night person. We have a hard time getting her to settle down at night. In fact we made her give up her nap at a young age just so that she'd go to bed at a good time. When she was 2, she would be staying up until nearly 11. So I would spend from about 3 o'clock on in the day trying to make sure that she didn't fall asleep. Which was no easy task because she would disappear downstairs to play and the next thing I know, she would be asleep on the floor amongst all her toys.


So there she is, little miss Independence.


4 comments:

Heather - said...

I'm with Lisa, i like seeing all the old pictures of your kids. And yeah, Jenna is pretty content to play by herselfisn't she? She's never involved in all the 'rumbles' when the cousins get together. That's nice. That's how Ethan is. Besides Matthew, he doesn't really like to play with others. Such a cute girl!

Lhone said...

I'm worried about Brittany because she doesn't tell me all the ins and outs of what when on at a friends, or school. She'll be the kids' that expelled and won't tell me. Maybe that is why Jenna and Brittany get along.

Judy said...

I love Jenna, she is a great friend to Sam and he sure loves her. I hope they stay good friends!

hoppygirl said...

I love how you have done this with your kids. It is so fun to read and they will love to read it someday too. They are so adorable!