Monday, May 4, 2009

Gotta Catch Them All!

In my attempt at being the fair mom... which I KNOW you can't do, but some of my kids seem to keep tabs, I did a post on Melissa, Janna and Jayden so now, I gotta do one for Spencer... Spencer's big kick right now is Pokemon cards. And with me it is a love-hate relationship BIG TIME! I love that Spencer is in to something other than video games right now, but I HATE that he carries them around with him EVERYWHERE! And if they aren't in his hands, they are in his pocket. Which I am surprised that they haven't ended up washed yet with the clothes. However, there was one night that I swore the kids were all asleep and then Spencer comes in the family room in a panic, "Mom! have you washed my shorts yet?" He was terrified that I washed his shorts and it would have ruined all his cards. Little does he know, I am not that on top of laundry that I would have already washed shorts that he took off an hour ago. Want to know where they were? In the bathroom... he put them down on the counter while he was brushing his teeth. At night before he goes to bed, he puts them in the crack between his bed frame and his mattress. Then of course in the morning he's got them in his hands at the breakfast table. I finally had to make him put them on the desk in the kitchen while he eats, just so that his hand doesn't permanently conform to the shape of holding cards in his hands. Not to mention his teacher has banned the cards from class. I am sure that if any of the other kids are like Spencer, it got to be a problem. I don't know if they actually play with the cards either, or just look through their decks and trade them. He had some friends over on Friday and they even played tag out back with their pokemon cards in their hands the entire time. I guess it's better than video games huh?

3 comments:

Batistas said...

Oh I feel your pain!! Jacob isn't quit that into them, but he does like them. Jacob and Lauryn make their own cards and I love the creativity behind it. I haven't washed any yet...knock on wood!! Jacob tried to teach me how to play...couldn't follow!

Lhone said...

Brandon loves them too, but I don't let him get into them. Wade is TOTALLY into them.

Judy said...

I thought kids were over those! I don't get the appeal.