Thursday, May 21, 2009

Where has my baby gone?

I have to admit, for as much as a pain as Jayden can be sometimes, one area that I have totally lucked out on is his easiness for taking naps. I tell you what when this kid is tired, he is tired and he wants a nap. Many times, it is Jayden who will tell me that he is ready to go night night. The other day, I set a goal to get certain things done by the time Jayden went down for a nap so that I could 'play' when he was sleeping. I usually put him down at 1:30 and for some reason that day at 1:00 he was begging to go down for a nap. I told him that I needed to get some more cleaning done first and he started to throw a fit to take a nap! And being the fantastic mom I am I told him no. He had to wait until I got the family room picked up and vacuumed. To which he said, "okay!" and helped me pick up the toys.

However, this one area that he is EASY in, does not make up for the little escape job he did in the store yesterday. We were at the grocery store and I had one of the shopping carts with the police cars in the front for the kids to drive around in. I try not to stop for too long at any one place so that he will stay in the car, however at one point he jumped out (while the cart was moving) and then went running off down the ailse pulling sale signs off of the shelves. All the while laughing and thinking it was so funny that mom was running after him and just couldn't quite catch him all that quickly. So, I think after an episode {and there's always an episode} like that I deserve this.... Followed by only a few minutes later, this...
And yes, he's still in a crib. I know that he is almost 2 and a half, but I have no need to hurry him out of the crib, (no baby in waiting that is) so why rush? I know that as soon as he gets potty trained I will sadly have to put him in a bed, but I am in no hurry to rush that either. I think that I will just enjoy the fact that he's my baby as much as I can.

3 comments:

Batistas said...

I definatly agree with everything...no need to rush. The only reason that Ryan is not in a crib anymore is because he was climbing out!!

Judy said...

Well, I don't think that just because they're potty trained it means they have to be out of a crib... Kate's been potty trained for a while now, and I have no intention of getting her out of her crib until I have to. If she had to go to the bathroom in the night she'd get me up anyway whether she was in a bed or a crib, and she has a couple of times yelled at me from her crib to go to the bathroom.

Lhone said...

I can't potty train for the life of me anyway, so why rush? And, I'm totally about the crib. You dont' have to wonder what they're doing when you aren't awake yet.