Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Melissa's Dance Competition

These past two Saturdays have been spent on very uncomfortable bleachers doing something totally worth it. It was Melissa's dance competition. She does four different group dances and so I put a little blurb of each one on this post so you could see a bit. Sometimes I don't like the fact that my camera only takes 30 second videos, but right now I am thinking that isn't such a bad thing. That way you don't have to sit through the whole song and watch it all. In the above picture, Melissa is the last girl in line in the front row. This was one of the only still shots that I took. I was running out of camera battery and wanted to make sure that I had enough battery for the videos.

This was their Hip Hop number they did the dance to the High School Musical {can't remember which number} song, "Getcha Head in the Game". I was nervous about them using balls as props because so much can go wrong with a ball for a prop, but thank goodness they all held on real tight. They got first place at both competitions for this one.

This was their lyrical number. The song is "Love Story" by Taylor Swift. They got first at both competitions for this song too. Melissa is the front middle {just in case you were wondering which girl you were supposed to be following}. As a little side note the guy in the orange hat which sometimes pops into the picture had THE WORST BO I have smelt since Jr. High. It was so bad, first I looked to find on the program to see if he would be leaving anytime soon because we had pretty good seats. However after I realized he was there for as long as we were, I gave up my good seats to just get away from the stench. And everytime he turned around to say sorry for leaning on my knees I thought his breath would make me pass out. Yeah, he was THAT bad.

This was their Jazz number it got a second place at both of the competitions. I posted two videos of this number the one is at the beginning and the other is at the end of the song. Melissa is on the far left in the front row.

This is the last one... This was their Show tune which was a hip hop number. Melissa is the point in the triangle.

It was a very fun past two weekends! I really like going to her competitions not only to see her dance, but I also like to see the other groups dance as well. Some people come up with some pretty creative stuff. There are also those groups that are just down right strange or disturbing. There was one group where the girls had eyemasks on their face and were wearing purple wigs and on the back of their heads were white masks that were kind of like the scream masks, that was disturbing. And if it weren't for my battery I would have taken a picture.

4 comments:

Lhone said...

I'm sure that took a long time to post, but I love seeing that kind of stuff too. Melissa did awesome, and i know I say this everytime, but I wish I could move like that!

Judy said...

Good job Melissa! Those were fun dances to watch.

I'm glad you posted video because then we can see some of it. I couldn't get the last video to work.

The description of the guy in the orange hat is so gross. So. Gross.

Batistas said...

Fun to watch...reminds me of competitions from high school I always enjoyed watching the other teams too! Not realizing it I started breating out of my mouth and not my nose when I was reading about the guy with the BO! LOL

Dean and Cindy Hatch said...

Great job Melissa!!! Grandma Hatch