Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Why I haven't posted in a week...

Let's just put it this way.... I am a bad mom... My kids got majorly sunburned last week. You can still see a little of the rosyness under Jenna's eyes, but man, it was bad, and looking at them everyday, just made me so sad. You just don't think about sunscreen so much right at the first of the season. Jayden was probably the worst, he doesn't look as bad here, but it was so bad, his ears were blistered. I haven't posted because I didn't want to take pictures of my kids doing anything. I know, it's vanity on my part, but I could just imagine DCFS coming to my house and taking my kids their burns were THAT bad.

However, now we are in the peeling stage. And my kids are faithfully putting on sunscreen. Melissa has even been having me spray her with sunscreen before she goes to school because they are having a kickball tournament at school and they are spending a lot of time outside. So here's your friendly reminder for the summer: don't forget your sunscreen!

4 comments:

Heather - said...

My kids all got sunburned at my brother's wedding. Ethan was the worst, but he's also the whitest! I didn't even think about sunscreen, either, until it was too late.

Judy said...

Don't be too hard on yourself... I think every mom gets the sunburn reminder via a bad sunburn. I know I have.

Lhone said...

yeah, but love and logic will say that the older ones will think about it themselves now! I'll admit, I LOVE the feeling of being sunburned. Does that make me crazy!

Dean and Cindy Hatch said...

yes, it's official. Lisa is crazy.
Mom