Friday, April 24, 2009

Melissa's talent

Melissa's school is doing a talent show for the 4 - 6 graders. They had talent show in each of the classes, and then each class chose 4 acts that would compete in a Grade level competition and then they are going to chose 4 or 5 from each grade level to perform in the 4-6 grade talent show. Melissa was one of the 4 chosen from her class, and yesterday was the grade level competition. She finds out today if she competes in the school-wide one, but I thought I would share her "talent" from yesterday.



I thought that it was funny how the boys would react everytime she did the splits. You can see it a little bit in the 30 second spot I did above, but I really didn't notice it until after the filming and so I didn't get a real good shot of their reaction. After she performed and went back to class, I was walking back with her so that she could change and I could take her costume home, the boys kept begging her to do the splits and touch her toes. I asked her when she got home from school if she ever did it, and she told me she didn't. She did do a really good job on her performance. This was her solo from last year, and I think she a pretty good job remembering it from a year ago. Their regular dance competition for this year is tomorrow and next Saturday. I am looking forward to it. She isn't doing a solo this year (money's tight). Which I think she has been kind of sad about, but she is looking forward to doing one next year.

7 comments:

Lhone said...

that's right, melissa...leave those boys wanting more!! Great talent. Totally jealous. I wish I was half that cute and flexible.

Batistas said...

Love Lisas comment...LOL What a great dancer!!!

Judy said...

Fun to see some of Melissa's dancing. Good job Melissa.

Sher said...

Wow! She's a good dancer!
I don't think good dancing runs in my family. Poor KJ.

Dean and Cindy Hatch said...

Way to go, Melissa. Great Job!!!
Love, Grandma Hatch

Melissa Walton said...

Great dancing, Melissa! I used to be able to do the splits a LONG time ago.

Andrea said...

Thanks for the comments. My friend told me later that one boy almost threw up. I'm glad he didn't. Thanks again.
Melissa