Thursday, October 30, 2008

Update!

The kids sculptures from Mr. D's Garden won 1st place in their respective categories. Spencer got a first place for "Most Creative" and Melissa got first place for "Best Use of Fruits and Vegetables." I had a picture of them, with their awards, but it gives away too much info. So, you will just have to take my word for it. They were both pretty excited. Especially Spencer! What did they win? A pencil... I know, pretty exciting huh? By the time Spencer got home from school his pencil was already only half as tall as it should be. Did I ever mention about how much he likes a sharp pencil? When he does his homework, he probably sharpens his pencil like ten times.

The school had a parade today for Halloween. It was only for the K through 4th grades. I've heard that the principal doesn't really like the whole parade thing, and didn't want to do it at all this year since there was no school on actual Halloween day. However, when he approached the teachers with this, some of them freaked. So, the compromise was K - 4th and then the 5th graders did "Wacky Hair" and the 6th graders wore crazy hats.
Spencer as a skull ninja (at least that was the name on the costume and he thought it was cool)Here's Jenna and Grace before the parade started. They dressed up in costumes for preschool today.
This is Melissa's "Wacky Hair." I crimped it and then we sprayed it with glitter hair spray. She was a little bummed that more people didn't think it was wacky, they all thought it was cute. I tried to take a picture to show the glitter, but it didn't turn out so well. I have to agree with the others, she did look cute!


3 comments:

Melissa Walton said...

Andrea - Jenna looks just like you! Such cute little faces your kids have! I've still got the NKOTB Christmas album. I play it every year and it pretty much drives Dave crazy. It's just to pull out some fun memories.

Lhone said...

Cool hair, melissa. Fun having you around this weekend. Come any time! Don't wait for another holiday.

Judy said...

I remember when I used to crimp my hair... and it wasn't crazy hair day! It was cool.