Friday, October 10, 2008

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly...

The Good:
There has to be something in order for the saying to work, so here's what I can come up with... It has for the most part been sunny today... It is FREAKIN' COLD outside, but at least it's sunny because if it weren't I would be depressed...

*Side note* (it made me laugh) Jenna went to go see if the next door neighbor could play and came back a few seconds later and said, "Mom, can I go over to Gavin's with Grace, cause he's my boyfriend!" - Translation - a friend that is a boy, don't you love innocence! I guess I'll include that in the good.

The Bad: That's right, Spencer is now sick. Started throwin up last night. After a week went by with noone else getting sick, I thought maybe he had escaped the yuck. No such luck...

Also included in the bad...

  • Did I mention it was FREAKIN COLD outside?
  • I am all out of foundation. I don't like having a shiny face.
  • Steve needs deodorant (only bad because I don't want to have to go to the store - you'll see why below)
  • I blew off an obligation today because I completely forgot! I hate it when I do that because I don't like to appear like a flake. Especially when I try so hard not to be one.
  • Did I mention the weather?
  • I'm tired. I din't get much sleep Wednesday night and it always seems to affect me more the second day rather than the next day. And it didn't help that at six this morning Spencer sneezed and I hear Jayden say, "Bless You!" Then Spencer laughed and then Jayden laughed and there was no going back to sleep!
  • I need to take around some primary notices (did I say how cold it is outside?)
  • I need to weed (again, the weather?)

The ugly...

Besides me, (When Melissa came home from school today she said, "Hey mom, you look like you did when I left." Meaning I was still in the clothes I went walking in this morning. I haven't showered or changed.)

I have dishes calling my name...


After Spencer threw up last night, it just kind of took any wind out of my sail and I couldn't find the energy to do the dishes. I would have made Melissa do them, but she weeded a TON by herself yesturday. (Just didn't get them all!)

6 comments:

Sher said...

Story of my life. I literally had to force myself to get in the shower today. That's only because I never got around to showering yesterday, and it's just gross to go two days a in a row without showering.
Sorry, Spencer is sick. I hope everyone gets better, soon!

Heather - said...

Stomach flu is the worst! Dishes...the bane of my existence, I feel your pain. And yes, what's with the cold weather all of the sudden? We had to turn on the heater today. Good luck with everything.

Dean and Cindy Hatch said...

Wish I lived down the street; I'd run righ over and do your dishes. With the price of gas, it would be cheaper to throw them away and buy new when it gets colder. Sorry I can't help...Mom

Batistas said...

Sometimes life just literally barfs on you!! Your moms comment sounds like my mom...I wish I lived closer and I would come help. Aren´t moms great!!

Judy said...

Sorry about Spencer, that's too bad. We're all stuck inside today, it's FREEZING. Hope he feels better!

Lhone said...

You can always tell how good I'm feeling (or how good the kids are feeling) with how clean my house is. It's hard to keep on things when you would rather be asleep.