Monday, October 13, 2008

I just had 4...

Four Nestle Treasures... Dark Chocolate and caramel. Does that tell you how my day has been so far?

It all started this morning when I went out to go walking with my neighbors. I was late...and had to book it to catch up. I have been playing catch-up ever since. At the end of our walk, we have this semi-ritual of going over what is going on with us that day and one of the ladies mentioned that it was her day to do the reading in Spencer and her son's class. OH, CRAP! It is mine too (we go on the same day). Wasn't planning on needing to do that. So, I go running in the house and try to get Melissa and Spencer out the door, and Spencer doesn't want to go.

He was sick on Friday, and just couldn't bring himself to want to go back. Can't blame him- I hate the catching up that you have to do when you miss. I was trying to be all nice about it and just talk him into it. I told him that I would be coming in an hour and a half {So hurry and decide because I still have to get me, Jenna and Jayden ready in that little time-said to myself of coarse}. Basically I feel like I did all I could to NICELY get him out the door. Nothing worked, so then I just had to be plain mean about it. I told him that he WAS going to school and he had 10 MINUTES to get himself out the door because I was NOT taking him to school. {For the real story read my other blog}

He did get out the door and I then had to hurry my little self to get me a shower, Jenna a shower, and Jayden a bath within one hour. All because the night before I thought I had all the time in the world to get stuff done this morning. (Yes, Dad, you are right, I heard the whole clean vs. cleaning person thing in my head all morning).

I got Jenna to playgroup, took Jayden to Grandma's, and went to Spencer's class. And guess what Spencer says when I see him? "I'm so glad you made me come to school today!" Just remember that the next time you don't want to go to school huh?

After the school thing, I went and picked up Jayden and then ran to the store and got some milk and sour cream. Ran home, fed Jayden lunch and HURRIED (LIKE MAD) to get the house cleaned for Pres. meeting at 1. I forgot to mention that while I was in the shower, Jayden had emptied the paper drawer down the stairs. The bottom drawer in the kitchen is where the kids all throw their church stuff they get (you know the pictures they color and handouts, stuff like that). When it gets full, I just throw it all out. It was my solution to traumatizing Melissa when she was little about throwing her stuff out when we got home from church. This way, it gets saved for a little while. The drawer is probably at about peak capacity right now. So, he sometimes, stands at the railing and drops it so that it lands clear at the bottom. And he had emptied the book shelves in Melissa's room and the toy baskets in the family room. Not to mention, the piano bench and the tupperware drawer. Usually I do a better job at making sure he is sufficiently occupied before I shower, but like I said, I was in a hurry.

So, now my meeting is over and I had four. And I'm not sorry about it either...remember I went walking this morning!

6 comments:

Sher said...

Wait. You only had 4? After a morning like that, I would've eaten the whole bag. And not felt guilty about it.
You deserved it!!

Judy said...

Today is a Diet Coke day...
I think I would have eaten more than 4 too, it's called self medicating :) Some people have Xanax... I have chocolate.

Lhone said...

k, Jaden might be worse than Brittany was. I'm sorry to pass that torch on, but wow. What a mess. My hang up was that she was too little to clean it up herself, and it took too long to clean up to have them sit in time out while I cleaned...I never knew what to do. Maybe you have a better solution.

Batistas said...

OK I´m on the same page as the other ladies...4 WOW what a cow!! I thought you meant 4 bags! I guess that´s why I weigh a few more pounds than you! Just a few! Only 4 would have been a good day for me with no stress!! I do feel for you about the drawers being emptied I hate that! I have a tub next to my shower and I just throw my kids in there while I am showering so they don´t destroy everything! Hang in there!

Heather - said...

Jayden sounds a lot like Ethan: into everything ALL the time. I swear he is sometimes thinking up ways to create the most chaos. And, I'm with everyone else. I've been known to polih off whole bags of naughty things in minutes, minutes I say. Which is probably why we don't keep treats in the house. I have no self control. And, which is why when James was gone, I had to go out and specially buy my treats to self-medicate.

Heather - said...

that's supposed to say "polish", not "polih"