Friday, September 26, 2008

I know, you've seen this before...

I know that I have done posts like this before, and believe me I try to weed them down. It actually happens a lot more than I report. However, this one was well, different...Jayden came to me to tell me he needed a washcloth. "Ya think so!" I started to panic though because last night we had some really yummy cake, and I was looking forward to having some more after lunch. I was being so good too, not to have any for breakfast, which was a pat me on the back moment. But now, it was gone, I was good, and look where it got me. I got nothing, see, good guys do finish last some times. But wait!
The cake was still there! Just the one finger lick in the middle that was there last night (thanks to Spencer- but who can blame him!). So where did chocolate hands come from?
That's right, Lisa brought us back some chocolate covered Macadamia Nuts from Hawaii. The box holds fifteen. I had one, Melissa had one, Spencer had one and Jenna had one... Jayden didn't have any because he was taking a nap at the time. But don't worry, he got more than his fair share. He ate ten of them.
For those of you math whizzes, this is the one that was left over.
And lucky me, that night his diaper was nothing but the nuts. Literally. I don't think he chewed any of them really. They were pretty much whole. He just realished the chocolate.
So, now I have learned my lesson... That's right, eat cake for breakfast. He didn't, but he totally could have eaten it and I would have been out of luck.

7 comments:

Lhone said...

well....at least he enjoyed them! I should have given your family 2 boxes. 1 for Jaden, 1 for the rest.

Heather - said...

I'm just laughing...and yes, you should always eat the cake for breakfast, or apple pie...YUM!!!

Lhone said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that debates whether I should eat cake for breakfast. It's normally sneaking it to make sure the kids can't see me. Because I would NEVER let THEM have cake for breakfast.

Michelle said...

So the one on the chair is Steve's? Bummer for him!

Judy said...

I love chocolate cake for breakfast!

Batistas said...

How did I ever get a friend that had so much control? Oh wait we were only 2 when we met!! My friend trades her kids Halloween candy for a toy a day or 2 after Halloween so they don´t eat so much candy, but she takes out all the candy bars and hides them for herself! Her boys found the box under her bed! Oops! I always get the lecture "why do you get to drink cafiene and we don´t"...oops what a bad example!! The same reason I can eat cake for breakfast and you can´t! I´m the MOM!
Hope you enjoyed the diaper change...I just had a great one...KIWIS!!

Elisa said...

didn't you know that cake for breakfast is actually quite healthy? it has eggs and milk and flour. That's in pancakes too...

That photo of the left over chocolate was gross. I sort of threw up a little in my mouth...

I tagged you on my blog... only if you want to play though.