Monday, January 11, 2010

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was somewhat of a quick and quiet affair. We celebrated with my side of the family this year. All but Michelle who was set to have a baby sometime in the following two weeks (from Thanksgiving - she's had the baby already). So here's the run down...
2:00 - Everyone shows up, and I am still in my PJ's. Yep that's right, you would think that where I was ONLY in charge of the Turkey, stuffing and mashed potatoes, that I would have had plenty of time to do all of the above and get a shower in, but nope, I didn't. So after a quick shower and change, we were ready to eat.
Here was the first group shot. From left to right, and front to back, it goes Melissa and Spencer (mine) then Brandon (in the blue hat, just about ready to take a bite - Lisa's oldest) then Nathan is in the back on the left (David's third). Then on the right, there is BJ (Lisa's 3rd) followed by Matthew and then Ethan (James' 1st and 2nd). [This photo cracks me up with how every is looking] Now for the cute girls table there's Brittany (Lisa's 2nd) Jenna (mine) and then Ashton (David's last)...
Table 1 from the other side: Bryson (in the high chair is Lisa's youngest - until May when she's due) then Craig (David's 2nd) Daniel (David's oldest) and then of course Melissa again.


Then for the grown - ups (mostly) there's my Mom, Cindy (David's wife) David, Lisa, Steve with Jayden, Blaine (Lisa's wife) and then a nice profile shot of James. Missing is My Dad, Grandma Moseley and Heather (James' wife). I didn't realize that they were already at the grown up table in the family room, so no picture of them.


Of course I had to get a shot of all the yummy food. Yes, we had turkey and ham, they just happen to be on the counter behind Steve, you can see Blaine on the right (or part of him at least) dishing up some ham and turkey.



I should have gotten a picture of all of the pies. There was some REALLY good choices pumpkin, apple (that Heather makes from scratch), a german chocolate, a chocolate satin, and a banana cream (yuck - no offense to who made it). There was also our signature rice-krispy treats that we have had every Thanksgiving since who knows when.
And like my Dad says, a great time was had by all!



3 comments:

Michelle said...

I love that Blaine is Lisa's wife! I wish we had been there. It looks fun.

Heather - said...

We had fun, and all the food was so, so good! And, I'm rather glad there's no picture of me :)

Lhone said...

I have a wife? wow. Good times. Wish we had some of that food around again. Yummy stuff. Thanks for having us over.