Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Spencer's Baptism

Turning 8 means being baptized for Spencer! He was super excited about it. It was done the day after Jayden's actual birthday, so I think that was one reason he was so agreeable to sharing a birthday party with Jayden... he wanted this day all to himself. Here he is with his Dad...
And here is all of my cute kids. I love it when they all look like they are happy and love each other. If only it was that way all the time!

Melissa wanted me to make sure she had a picture of her and Spencer together for her scrapbook, and Jayden and Jenna wanted their own picture too.











And then we took one of the whole family!


Steve did the actual baptizing and then my Dad and Steve's Dad were the witnesses. Thanks for smiling Dad.



Spencer sure was proud of his new suit.

By the end of the day, he said he was tired of smiling!
It was a snowy day, so mostly only the locals came. My parents and Grandmother came, but Lisa's family was sick and couldn't make it, and James and David didn't want to drive in the bad weather. Steve's family all came: Mark and his family, Mike and his family, Marlene and her family, and then Brooke and her two boys (Curtis works graveyards, and didn't make it). After the baptism, we came back to our house where we had a nice luncheon. Many brought salads and goodies, and we had lunch meats on rolls. I know, not all that exciting, but I want it noted for posterity's sake!

1 comment:

Lhone said...

what cute pictures. I wish we could have seen it. And cute suit for Spencer. Love the family pictures.