Friday, January 22, 2010

Christmas Piano Recital

Last year, a friend of mine who also teaches piano told me that at Christmastime, she has little "mini" recitals in her home. I figured I would give it a try. So what I did was had three nights available for the kids to come, play their Christmas songs, have some goodies, and then go home. I was hoping that with a casual setting, they wouldn't be as nervous and it would be a good test run for their big recital in the Spring. My kids performed on Wednesday night. My Grandma was staying with us for a few days while my Mom went to help my sister with her new baby, and the kids were excited to have her there. Spencer went first and I got a little of it on film.

And then I had to help Jenna with her song so Steve took over as camera man and only got still photos, so sorry no songs.
Jenna does just fine playing, but occassionally she will look down at her hands, and then she loses her place. She played Jingle Bells.


I played a duet with Haley one of my students. We played "Carol of the Bells".


This is Jenna's friend Meigan. She didn't really need any help, but I was there, just in case.



This is Melissa's friend Erin (our next door neighbor) she played The 12 days of Christmas.



After that, she and Melissa played a duet of Up on the Housetop.


Then Melissa finished up with Fur Elise. Not really a Christmas song, but it was a piece she'd been working on since September and she had it completely memorized. I thought it would be a good idea to play it now since at the Spring recital I always have several kids who want to play it.


It was a fun night, and I think a lot of the parents enjoyed the low key affair and the goodies! Me too!

2 comments:

Dean and Cindy Hatch said...

Grandma Moseley loved it! It was a highlight of her stay.
Thanks, Mom

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.