Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Don't grow up all at once!

Yesterday morning when Jenna woke up, she came in to my room and said that her tooth was bothering her. I asked her why, does it feel like something is stuck in it? She said "No, it's wiggly!" And sure enough when I stuck my finger in her mouth to check, it was a little wiggly. So then she says, "Should I pull it out?" I told her that it was only a little wiggly and it would probably take another week or so to come out. So then last night when I was checking my email when the kids were going to bed, I was surprised to see this:
Jenna: "Mom! It came out!" And upon further inspection:
Yep their was a hole. She had just yanked it out herself. She said it was bothering her and she couldn't sleep, cause she just kept wanting to wiggle it, so she just yanked it out. Just like that! If only all kids could be as easy as she is... or maybe I should say that I hope she stays so easy. {I'll keep my fingers crossed.}
So there you have it! She goes off to Kindergarten and loses a tooth all in the same day! What next?

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow. I am impressed and also sad for you. I can't believe how fast they grow up. Scary thought - we took the kids to the dentist and Rebecca came home with a referral for an orthodontist. With her permanent teeth coming in she has issues and the dentist said the sooner the better for her. What????? We are going to wait until the new year so in Nov. we can change our dental plan when Brett's work has their open enrollment period etc. for that kind of thing. Anyway, teeth are sooooo much fun. Congrats to Jenna.

Lhone said...

wow. and wow. I can't believe it was loose, but there was NO way in HECK I would have pulled my own tooth. She'd da woman!!!Amazing.

Unknown said...

Lisa wouldn't have pulled it out, because she wouldn't have wanted to throw up. Andrea, on the other hand, probably would have. Good job, Jenna! Mom/Grandma Hatch

Judy said...

I'm not looking forward to the tooth falling out (or pulling out for that matter) stage. My dentist calls it the beginning of ugly duckling phase.