Monday, August 24, 2009

Back to School

It's back to school time in our house, and I have to admit I have mixed emotions about the whole thing. I am excited for the kids to not be so bored. I am excited for the fact that there will be less fighting in our house (during the day at least). And I am excited for a reason to be more strick on bedtime, practicing their piano and stuff like that. I am NOT excited however that I am sending one more kid off (Jenna) to school, to learn all the stuff that well, you would rather they not learn. Like those obnoxious games like jinxing each other, the what game (I'll have to explain another time), and what it means to be chicken trapped (yeah, that one I'll have to explain at another time too). They learn to be obnoxious themselves and mean, but I guess that is the trade-off to learning all the good stuff too. Like how to share, what it means to be a friend, how to respect someone of authority, following the rules, and all the educational stuff too. I am also sad 'cause it will just be Jayden at home. It's nothing new, he was home by himself when Jenna was in preschool last year, but the sad part is he's got 3 more years til kindergarten and I think he will be sad.Here's the three off to school! Do they look excited?And now, the first day shots I get of each one. I did the normal close-up and then full outfit shot, but this year I added in the shoe shot. It was such an ordeal finding them all shoes, that I figured, they needed their own picture.


First Melissa! She is starting the 6th grade this year. Scarey if you ask me. Jr. High is only a year away and THAT makes me sad. And feel a little old. Then Spencer! He will be in second grade this year. I am just hoping that we have a better year this year for him. First grade was a tough one in regards to his teacher, we {OK, mostly me} took issue with a lot of the ways that she taught, how she disciplined and her lack of organization.

And now, Jenna! The Kindergartner. She is SO excited! And yes, she will be doing morning kindergarten and so far, she was able to get up on time, but she didn't eat breakfast. Which was OK today because they only went for an hour and then she came home and ate.

And Jayden! He's not doing any sort of school, but he wanted to be included in the picture taking. No shoe shot for him though cause he was in feet.

And there you have it!

2 comments:

Lhone said...

I'm surprised that Jenna could go already. brittany has to still wait. Sad for Jaden to be alone. I'm with you, I hate the things they learn that's naughty. do well with the schedules. I stink at them.

Unknown said...

Cute kids, nice shoes. Have fun.
Grandma Hatch