Monday, February 9, 2009

Maybe I am doing something right...

On Friday, when Kathy and I got home from walking in the morning, I stepped into her house to grab something and I was sad to see (happy for her - sad for me) that her kids were all dressed and busy getting ready for school. Usually I come home to still having to drag my kids out of bed and prodding them constantly to get dressed and eat their breakfast, and brush their teeth, and so on... And then it seemed like constantly over the weekend people were talking about these great things their kids had done without them even having to ask. And I started to feel really bad. I really don't think EVER have my kids done something like clean something up that they weren't already required to do. But, the SHOCKER of the year is today when I got home from walking, Spencer was sitting on his bed and it was all made! ( Yep, he is still sleeping in Melissa's room because we have yet to have one night of them not fighting while going to bed. Which right now that is all we are asking, just one night. One night where they go in and just go to bed).And then also this morning (maybe there are good vibes in the air) Jenna made my bed for me when I was in the shower. Yes, I know, there is hardly any comforter on the one side...And it's hanging on the floor on the other side. But she made it all by herself. Just because she loves me. See Jayden enjoying the space behind the pillows? I find him snuggled back there all the time while watching TV. All I have to say, is maybe I am doing something right. Maybe something is sinking in. Maybe they aren't the little devils that I am constantly fighting with.

5 comments:

Lhone said...

I feel like I am constantly prodding my kids. I know I should go back to love and logic, I just forget. I hope one day I'll find the same at my house!

Heather - said...

Send them over here!

Sher said...

Will you talk to My kids for me? That concept still eludes us.

Melissa Walton said...

Glad I'm not the only one. I wonder how old my kids will be when I don't have to hold their hand through every step of getting ready in the morning and at night. Somedays it drives me nuts!

Dean and Cindy Hatch said...

They'll turn out great. Just look at you! Mom