Monday, February 2, 2009

Jayden Update

I know people tell me that Jayden reminds them of Spencer (it's got to be the hair), but if you ask me he reminds me of Melissa more than anyone else. They are both handfuls {shh, don't tell Melissa}. None of my other kids ever really cared about the purple dinosaur, except Melissa. Jayden and Melissa have both been my Barney fans. In fact Melissa's old babysitters gave me all their Barney videos when their kids got too old for them because she liked them so much. The other day, Jayden woke up when I was headed out to go walking and the first thing out of his mouth is, "I watch Barney, Okay?" So, being the good Mom I am, I plopped him on the bed next to a sleeping Steve and turned on Barney. So, it is safe to say that we probably watch Barney five or six times a day. No joke, it's my break. And it is the one thing that I can turn on while I shower and I know he will stay out of trouble.

Then yesterday, I turned on Barney after church so that I could make dinner and Melissa (who is never home during the day to have watched Barney with Jayden) says, "Hey Mom watch!" And then proceeds to do all of the Barney actions to a T, without even looking at the TV. I guess she really did watch it a little too much as a kid.

I've been hanging out with Jayden in the nursery lately at church. And it seriously MAKES ME MAD. Because he is a totally different kid in the nursery than he is at home. He does what he's told, he doesn't hardly talk, and he plays nice. If some kid wants the toy that he's playing with, he will just give it to them and go find something else to play with. What makes me so mad is he's kind of a boring kid in there. None of his fun personality comes out. I am hoping that with time, it will, but none of the ladies in the nursery believe me that 1) he's a handful and 2) that he can really talk. The one good thing about him though is at least he isn't being naughty in there.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

We had a similar experience with Rebecca and nursery. Her teachers used to ask us if she knew how to talk. We couldn't get her to be quiet at home. She talked constantly.

Michelle said...

We had a similar experience with Rebecca and nursery. Her teachers used to ask us if she knew how to talk. We couldn't get her to be quiet at home. She talked constantly.

Lhone said...

Thanks michelle. Thanks michelle --hee hee. get it?

I say, good for the nursery leaders. No offense, but having 1 child in there to not talk, and play nice probably makes their calling liveable. And, besides, I don't believe you either that he talks. He just smiles at me like "get out of here crazy!"

Dean and Cindy Hatch said...

Way to go Jayden. Keep them guessing until you're a deacon. Sooner or later, the real you will come out. By then, the real you will be a cute personality with manners! Grandma Hatch

Cynthia Hatch said...

I was just grateful that the boys did behave in public. Sometimes it is a good thing if their true selves don't show. You look like a great parent! :-)

Judy said...

As a nursery leader (I'm not enjoying my calling at the moment... even though my daughter is in there!) I'd take a no talking kid anyday. I've had a couple of horrible weeks!