Monday, July 27, 2009

The Dog Days of Summer

A bunch has been going on so far this summer. I haven't blogged a dang thing though. Partly because for most of it I didn't have my camera with me and I haven't gotten the pictures yet from other people who were there. But here is a little of what we have been up to...

Eating otterpops in the backyard in the little bit of shade that we have. The trees we do have in the backyard, are still kind of small. Melissa has been sewing some more... One little note, that sewing machine was once my great-grandma Steinbeck's. And it still works!
I even let Jenna go somedays without making her have her hair done. I make her brush it out, but she isn't all that particular with getting a nice part on the top. But hey, she's happy, I'm happy!


The kids enjoyed painting one day.


I was surprised how careful Jayden was at it. The only bad thing is I try like mad to get my kids to color on both sides of the paper so that we aren't wasting so much. The three older all hate to do it. Jayden doesn't seem to mind. So he naturally tried to paint on both sides of the paper, but was sad to find that it just doesn't work that way. Thank goodness for washable paints though!

I have noticed that the amount of fights are beginning to escalate between the kids, and I know that I am certainly looking forward to school being back in. One funny note, is Jenna hasn't been sleeping in so much this summer. And hopefully that continues for her with morning Kindergarten.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Andrea: Interesting about the sewing machine. I didn't remember Thelma ever having a sewing machine except for the treadle that your Mom has. I have my Mom's sewing machine and the one that Maxine gave me years ago which might have been her mother's from the machine's vintage.