Thursday, March 5, 2009

Webkinz

Basically Webkinz are stuffed animals. They come with an online access code though that allows you to play games online. You can also feed and take care of your webkinz on the computer. Everytime you log in, it tells you how happy your animal is, if it's hungry, or if it is sick or whatever. You earn money called "kinzcash" by playing the different games. Then you can buy food, clothes, and even stuff to build your animal a cool house. They've got underwater homes if your animal is a fish, doghouses or should I said dogmansions, and barns. You name it and they have it. Your animal can even go to school or have a job.

Melissa will get on and see some of the cute clothes she can buy for the computer animal, and then tries to copy them for her own real stuffed animal. My kids all happen to have dogs except Jenna who also has a cat. But that's what they like. SO hopefully for those of you who have been lucky enough to have never heard of webkinz before, that's what they are. And for those of you like Michelle, who have just been introduced to them welcome to the Webkinz World!

{Just a little side note: I know that there are plenty of people that think kids play way too many video/computer games. My thought is that there are some real benefits to them that when done in the right circumstances, with the right limits, etc. they can be really great for kids.}

3 comments:

hoppygirl said...

Amy loves Webkinz. All her cousins have them and I actually get on and play the games sometimes. I tell myself that it is to help her get Webkinz cash (but I think it is fun too). If you look at my cake blog, I even had a request for a Webkinz cake. I did the Wheel of Wow. It is one of my favorites.

Melissa is so creative to make her own clothes for them. I loved your last post.

Lhone said...

thanks for the info. I hope to never enter that world. Its just one more thing for my kids to be obsessed with!

Batistas said...

I got addicted to the cash cow game when my kids got webkinz...how sad huh! Anyways my kids aren't that addicted to them anymore probably because their pets got sick while we were in Spain. oops I totally agree about video games with the limits. My sister thinks that I am crazy because Jacob is getting a Nintendo DS for his birthday, but I am pretty strict about screen time so I'm not to worried about it taking over his life. He is getting more for our month long driving trip this summer and he will have to share! What a mean mom!