Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Jenna's Birthday Party

That's right, Jenna's first ever friend birthday party happened this past week. She is now the blessed age of five, which means kindergarten!!!!!!! {Excitement for Mom's and kids}

So, this year, she wanted a Bunny Party. A Bunny Party? As in cute little rabbits, not the Playboy kind right? My kids come up with the weirdest ideas sometimes. Melissa asked for a Rainbow party when she was 4, back then I was doing them in the even years, now I have switched, friend parties are only on their odd birthdays, until they are 13, then we are done.

So, I came up with the idea of a Tea Party like in Alice in Wonderland. I should take a picture of the invitations, (maybe I will some time, but right now that just sounds kind of overwhelming to get the camera, take a picture, download, etc.). I had a picture of the White Rabbit on it, and overlayed some vellum with the important info saying "Don't be Late for this very important date!"
When the girls arrived, we had these cute little Bunny Ears for the girls to wear, and I had them decorate some bags to put all their goodies in until everyone arrived...

I even got Jayden some blue ears so that they wouldn't look too girlie. After that, I had some eggs and treats hidden in the backyard for the girls to find, and they loved just running around looking for them. It was a good thing the weather was nice, because they were able to just run around and scream all they wanted.

There was one green egg that was never found (good thing I had a back up in the house). However, I wonder if someday Steve will find it when he's doing the yardwork.After that we opened presents! Jenna got lots of fun coloring stuff which lately has been her favorite thing to do. And have you ever seen these Blendy Pen things? They are way cool, you put two colors together in this little thing, and give them a twist and it will create a new color. ALL my kids have had fun coloring with them.


After the gifts, we had our Tea Party! Of course, that is just pink lemonade, but the girls had fun doing "Cheers!" with each other. After that we played some bunny-type games like Duck, Duck, Bunny! and then the Bunny hop. However, we were having so much fun that I COMPLETELY forgot about her cake {that I got up at 6 in the morning to decorate} so we didn't do that with her friends, but that gave us something to do later that night when Melissa and Spencer were home from school and Steve was home from work. I'll post the pictures of that later... Cause around here, the party never ends! {At least not in the month of March - we still have Melissa to go}

2 comments:

Lhone said...

The funny thing is that Brittany came home and that was all she could remember about the party. Andrea forgot the cake. Oh, what else did you do? Not the cake!

Later on she did remember the rest, and told me that she had a "fabulous" time. She hasn't stopped talking about it. I think Jenna's party will always signify the coming of her own! Thanks for inviting her!

Dean and Cindy Hatch said...

Happy Birthday, Jenna. Sorry we were out of town. You are getting so big. Love, Grandma Hatch