Tuesday, November 11, 2008

What we've been up to...

It's science project time! And... WE LOVE IT! This year Melissa is doing her project on stains...

Here she is getting her fabric all ready to start the experiment...



She decided to try and make three different kinds of stain removers out of "normal" house hold items. (Notice the smile on her face... We were able to remain happy the entire project... Let's just hope that continues when she is typing up her report and doing the display board.)

Now she is preparing the stains. She did Grape Juice, Chocolate and Mud...
Now, she is treating the stains. The stain removers were made from Baking Soda and Hydrogen Peroxide, Dish Detergent and Vinegar, and Dish soap, ammonia and water.


You'll just have to come to the science fair to see what did the job! For those of you that can't, I'll tell you when she finishes her project board!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Awesome!! I LOVE science fairs. Call me crazy, but I can't wait until the boys get to do them. And Melissa, what a cool project! I am DYING to find out what worked.

Mama Mia said...

Awesome idea! Just send that baby my way and I will turn it in for Eastons project!! :0

Lhone said...

This might have been unsanitary, and the school would never allow it, but have her see what gets baby's poo out of onsies. Just curious...

Dean and Cindy Hatch said...

Brings back "fun" memories of your science fair projects. Remember when all five of you were working on them at the same time. We had experiments, backboards, and a mess all over the house. Somehow I don't remember that big of a smile on your face (or mine) when you were working on them. Mom

Judy said...

Ahhh.. I remember my 5th grade science project!