Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A spilled cup of water...

Yesterday I had an interesting experience. Each of my kids for different reasons spilled a cup of water.

Jayden was finished drinking his cup of water (but it was still full) and tried to throw it(literally) in the sink. However, he isn't quite tall enough to get it in the sink and it hit the counter and being plastic bounced off and went everywhere. His reaction "uh oh" followed by let's splash in the puddles I created.

Jenna on the other hand had a few bits of water drip off her chin and her reaction is "Mom, I need a new shirt." She can't stand having the "wet" shirt even if it is a tiny bit.

Spencer was putting water in his cup from the fridge and his hand moved spilling a bit of water on the floor. His first reaction is to clean it up. He can't stand a mess.

Then I go to pick Melissa up from dance and she and her friends were pouring their water bottles on their heads.

Amazing that a spilled cup of water can say so much about your kids.

2 comments:

Lhone said...

I'm amazed that your kids are different in there personalities for a lot of things. Obsessive complusive to wild and crazy (spencer vs melissa). Is that Steve vs. you?

Judy said...

I think the kids different personalities are what makes being a mom fun. It is exciting to see what kind of personality traits come out of my kids. Funny how siblings can be so different sometimes.