Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of School

Yep, that's right, it seems like everyone else has already been there done that these past few weeks, but it was finally our turn for the first day of school. And boy were WE excited. I love having them home, don't get me wrong, Melissa and Spencer are great help around the house, and with Jayden, but I am glad to have a reason for structure. I am glad that they will be able to have a reason for going to bed on time, and a reason why I have to get up and get going in the morning. I just realized they are kind of color coordinated.
When it was time for backpacks and shoes Jayden wanted in on the action. He went and got his shoes and backpack and carried it around with him pretty much all day.
Since Jayden got his picture taken Jenna wanted one too.
I took pictures of the kids at school waiting in line. Melissa is with her friend Laura. We are sad that Laura isn't in her class this year. We have really liked Laura in class with Melissa. And yes, I say we because Laura is a great friend to Melissa. Melissa has a lot of really great friends for a lot of different reasons. I am glad as a mom that that is the case because Melissa needs friends and there are plenty of good ones to chose from. I just hope it keeps up into jr. high and high school.
Spencer was a little embarassed that I took his picture in line because I was THE ONLY ONE. He wanted to know why I couldn't just stand in line with him like the other mom's. My answer because I gotta blog it buddy...


3 comments:

Lhone said...

wow, embarrasing the kids already? Oh, no. I guess you have been doing that for awhile already, huh? I think it's cute that your kids were all coordinated. Even Jenna! By the way, what were you in line for?

Andrea said...

The kids were in line for the bell to ring. They make them wait outside until a teacher comes to get them.

Dean and Cindy Hatch said...

Poor Spencer, he doesn't stand a chance with a Mom who loves to scrapbook AND blog! Not sure he'll ever like it, but he should get used to it. He'll have plenty of opportunities to try.
Mom