Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Dance Recital 2009

This years Spring Dance Recital for Jenna and Melissa was a lot of fun! I think now that Jayden is getting older, and will mostly just sit and watch, it makes it easier to just sit and enjoy the show. I didn't get any close-up shots of Melissa, she had to be there early and then my camera battery was completely dead by the time we left. However, here is Jenna in her cute costume. And of course with her cute make-up and hair! {Which is one of her favorite things about the recital, that and they get a trophy at the end.}
Like I said, for the most part, Jayden was happy to sit and watch...

I know that alot of these dances you've already seen from the competitions, but I figured for posterity sake, I would include Melissa's dances here in the order that they appeared in the program. They started off with the show tune, which was titled "So you think you can dance" and was just a hodge-podge of different types of dances that the different competition groups did, and this was Melissa's group Hip Hop routine:

Jenna's first number was "Under the Sea". She is the last one in the line on the right. And like I said, Jayden was good most of the time, this just happens to not be it!

So here is a better look!

This is Melissa's Jazz number "Whine up" like I said, I've posted it before so I kept it kind of short:

Here is Melissa's Lyrical number:

This was Jenna's secong number called "Miracles" she is the third one from the left this time:

And the last number for the evening was Melissa's "Get Your Head in the Game"

4 comments:

Judy said...

I know I've told you before how beautiful I think Jenna is. She has the CUTEST face. (Both of your girls are, but I guess I was commenting particularly on that first picture).

Love to see the dances. Good job Melissa and Jenna!

Lhone said...

I love dance recitals. And its fun seeing your kids on stage, isn't it?

Christine said...

I really love Jayden's dancing head and his smile.

Dean and Cindy Hatch said...

Another great performance!
Grandma Hatch