Thursday, October 18, 2007

Spencer


Spencer is our proud Kindergartener. He is a big-time boy, loves Star Wars, Ninja Turtles, video games and computer games. I have a hard time keeping him away from the TV and computer monitors. He does play soccer and has a new found interest in riding bikes. The other day he informed me that there were still two sports he wants to try, Basketball and Karate. Hmm... we'll have to see about that. He isn't exactly tall and the karate makes me nervous.




He is also into puzzles. We have a card table that slides under his bed that he can set up in his room and work on a puzzle for a few days without having to put it away. His favorite kind of puzzles to do are the really busy ones. We have one puzzle that we used to play with in my family when we were kids of a bunch of cars and people heading toward the Super Dome, for "Super Dome Sunday" (some of you may know what one that is). The thing that drives me crazy, is that usually he just dumps the pieces out on the table in a pile and then starts putting it together, that's right, a 500 piece puzzle and no sorting. When he asks me to do the puzzle with him I can't until I have turned all of the pieces over. He's also got a two-sided Darth Vader puzzle that he does the same way, just dumps it out and gets to work.




I just realized that this is starting to sound like a Christmas card, where my kids are these amazing, unrealistic people. Blah, blah, blah, well, I have to start out with all the good stuff, but as time goes by, I am sure that you will hear some of our less than stellar things. For example, Spencer has hair that is a beautiful shade of reddish brown that pictures just don't seem to do it justice, and there are times that his temper matches his hair, only it's not so beautiful.




One funny note about Spencer is he has this keen sence of hearing and smell. His ears kind of stick out a little bit and I think that he just catches everything. You have to be careful what you say even in the other room because he can hear it. The other night I was getting a treat out of the cupboard (he was supposed to be in bed) and he comes in and says, "I thought I heard you getting a treat!" I really was trying to be quiet. I am trying to think of an example of his sence of smell, but none of them are nice, so I guess we'll just leave that alone.

Sorry this is a long time coming. I tried last week, but couldn't upload the picture. And then I just got busy. But, here you go!


No comments: