Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Melissa


Melissa is the oldest. She is now 9 years old, and if you were to ask her, sometimes it's great! and other times not. She is pretty much good at everything she does. She loves school, and really enjoys her teacher which I'm glad for. I was worried at first because all of her teacher's up until now have been the big time motherly type and this one, not so much. However, her teacher is big into the reward system. They have raffles (the teacher will pick a number out of the jar and if it's your number you get something like a treat or a pencil), they get C bucks (her teacher's last name is Cox) for answering questions right, or helping out, etc. and they have auctions once a month to purchase things with their C bucks. One day, Melissa came home with a giant sized tennis ball because she was one of four kids who had no missing assignments and had her planner signed every week.

Her biggest interest is dance. She is on a competition dance team and really enjoys it. She would be embarassed for me to say, but she is really good and even dances point (front and center). Two years ago, she did a trio at the competitions and last year was her first solo. She placed first at both competitions both years, but that isn't saying too much because she didn't compete against anyone. For some reason last year when she did the solo, in her age group there were 7 girls who all did Jazz dances and she was the only one to do a Lyrical dance. Which are two separate categories. This year she is doing a Jazz dance and we are hoping that she will actually have the chance to compete against someone. I think it would be a good experience for her.
Just to wrap up her other interests, she loves to read, play with friends and do crafts. She is very artistic and is always coming up with interesting creations. I'm sure as time goes on I will be sharing some of her creations with you. She is also really good at entertaining Spencer, Jenna and Jayden. This is all I have time for today, but I will do posts on the other kids later.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I'm glad you're doing a blog now! I already learned things about Melissa that I didn't know, so I look forward to your other posts.

Melissa Walton said...

Andrea - It will be fun to see how your family is doing through your blog. I have hardly seen pictures of your baby! Hope you guys are all doing well. -Melissa