Monday, August 30, 2010

Back tracking

Before school started I took the kids to Lagoon. The stranger there in the middle is Melissa's good friend Haley. I thought it would be a good idea of she came with us so that if Melissa wanted to go off and ride some big rides, and Spencer didn't want to, she could. Doesn't everyone look excited? (Jayden must have some intuition at this point that it won't be a fun day for him.) Marlene came with her two kids Megan and Parker, so here's the entire group!
Our first ride was the swings! Jenna loved them....

Jayden did not... He watched from the exit. I tried putting him on, but after screaming bloody murder, I had to take him off.



Jenna and Megan rode the airplanes together...



While we were looking for the next ride, we ran into Melissa Haley and Spencer waiting in line for the viking swing. So I figured I would get some pictures of them since I may not otherwise.





Here they are waiting for the ride to begin. I think Spencer is already a little nervous. He was the surprise of the day. He tried EVERYTHING. And said he liked it whether he actually did or not.





And there they are! Only Spencer isn't holding his arms in the air.



Jenna on the Dumbo ride. I thought for sure that she would want to try some of the bigger rides. She was tall enough, but was happier to be on the little rides.




Next we went on the cars.



This was by far Jayden's favorite ride.


He went on it SEVERAL times. Here he is on the blue car with Parker. Then a red car by himself...


Then a red car with Parker...



Let's just say that he went on a green one also, and the blue one again... That was until we found the bumper cars. He liked those too.






Here we are on the train...






Jayden actually liked that one too. The train basically took us through their "zoo" which was awesome. We saw all kinds of animals REALLY close up.



After that we went to the car and had lunch. After lunch we went in and went to Lagoona Beach. Which is a water park like Raging Waters. Jayden enjoyed playing in the kiddie pools with Jenna. Melissa, Haley and Spencer went around on the water slides by themselves. Later, Marlene had to get to Back to School night for Megan, so she took Jayden and dropped him off at her Mom's house. Then, Jenna and I hung around the beach for a while and then when we met up with Melissa and Spencer again, we went back to the amusement rides. Jenna and I rode several by ourselves and then when Steve was on his way home from work, he came and picked up Jenna. It was all perfect timing because as I was taking Jenna to the pick up area, Marlene got there. She had left her kids home with her husband and came back to ride the scarey rides her kids couldn't go on. So after Jenna went home, Marlene, Spencer, Melissa, Haley and I went on the big rides. It was a lot of fun!
Before Jenna left, she rode the whale ride which was the only ride she remembered from the last time we went to Lagoon. After she got off, she said, "Hmm... that wasn't as fun as I remembered it!" She was a lot littler then!


I just had to post the video from the bumper cars. The guy running the ride would just stand there and say "Turn your wheel!" over and over again so the kids could get unclogged... I like Jenna's look at the boy who bumps her!



3 comments:

Judy said...

Wow. That looks like such a fun time! I guess I missed out. I haven't been to Lagoon since probably for 15-16 years.

Lhone said...

so fun...what good timing. everyone got to do what they wanted to do.

Anonymous said...

Good brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.